With a Kooyong 28 you can now experience the romance and adventure of the seas as you explore great locations of Port Phillip Bay. Take your family and friends to picnic or overnight in locations that were previously out of reach. Cruise the bay, watch spectacular sunsets or simply take in the delights the boat and the rich coastlines have to offer.
Famous for the iconic Couta Boats, Nepean and Cheviot Launches, The Wooden Boat Shop gives you the new Kooyong range. The various styles and options are tailored to suit the vast array of activities that equal the dream lifestyle by the sea.
The natural highlights of the oiled African Teak decking, brilliance of the polyurethane paint, patina on the raw bronze fittings, all enduring features that will stand the rigors of time. Hand crafted from the finest base materials your Kooyong will look great and be economical to maintain for generations.
The Kooyong 28s variable dead rise planning hull was designed by Australia’s leading naval architect, Andrew Dovell. Combined with the Wooden Boat Shops unique styling and construction method, paired with twin outboards or optional stern drive, performance, comfort and safety at sea are assured.
- All wooden construction with epoxy/glass fibre sheathed hull
- Laid African Teak deck and sole
- Ultra- low maintenance polyurethane paint finishes
- Twin F115 (230hp) Yamaha 4 stroke outboard installation with hydraulic steering
- Anchoring with electric windlass
- 12v Marine head
- Electrical system with LED nav lights, chart plotter.