- About Us
- Boat Range
- Wooden Blocks
- Classic Wooden Boats For Sale
- Cheviot 32 "The Kathleens"
- Cheviot 32 "Saranzo"
- Nepean Launch "Loloma"
- Nepean launch "Nuvola Nera"
- 26' Couta Boat "Ripple"
- 26' Couta boat "Minerva"
- 26' Couta Boat "April"
- 25' Couta Boat "Kareela"
- 24ft Couta Boat "Isabel"
- 24' Couta boat "Aliscia" - C33
- 21' Couta boat "Sally Anne"
- 20' Couta Boat "Spitfire"
- 20' Couta Boat "Margaret Lillian"
- 18' Couta boat "Cygnet"
- 40' GMH Motor Vessel - "IBIS" - REDUCED!
- Knockabout Couta Boat "Tasma"
- Apollo - Pompei 36’ motor cruiser
- SOLD! - Nepean Launch "Emma Louise" C525
- Photo Gallery
25ft Couta Boat "Kareelah"
Submitted by it@woodenboatsh... on Wed, 12/12/2012 - 00:37
For sale my couta boat the 'Kareelah" aboriginal word for southern wind.
She is a 25ft gaff rigged couta boat , the last boat built by Neil and Ken Lacco at Newhaven in 1988.
She has a 2GM20hp yanmar that has only done 400 hrs.
She has a jib and mainsail (made by Peter Green sails (maron color)) and also a storm jib.
Ken Lacco built this boat out of his head, without plans, as he had built this one before and said "yes she was a brilliant little sailer".
This boat speaks for herself in her grace and beauty and "I will not sell this boat to someone who I do not believe will care for her".
She really is the prettiest girl on the river.
She has a Merbu hull and a Kauri deck and drop keel.
On board is a navman gps unit, auto pilot, depth sounder, wash down hose unit.
Tim Phillips' comment: "This boat would be ideal boat for sailing in division 2, with her you will get a wonderful Ken Lacco legacy (my hero and teacher)".
Stephen: 0407 100 181
Tim Phillips: 0407 244 336